11 November 2009

sometimes, we go outside

Today, we went outside.
It is so easy to just stay inside in the winter here. So gloomy and gray. Every day.

We stole G away from the school for two hours (oh, don't worry. he's there working till midnight tonight) to come hang with us on our day off. D went to Grandpa's for some Lego time.

And we went outside. For a walk.

1

No rain. Just a Hello Kitty umbrella for good measure.

2

There was a lot of this: puddle jumping.

3

And this: bushwhacking.

4

5

6

And a lot of hand holding.

7

And scary stories about bad guys in forests.
You Shall Not Pass.

8

9

So we made our own weapons, for defense only of course.

10

And there was frolicking.

11

I LOVE how tiny and squishy Mo looks in this picture. Too fast.

12

13


And triumph that we did something. Outside today.



HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO PAUL MITCHELL THE SCHOOL, SPOKANE.

So proud of you, G.

6 comments:

The Wright Stuff November 12, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

I love how every blog entry is a story with pictures. You're amazing.

Chad Anselmo November 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Oh the memories, I remember when George and I used to recite that movie from beginning to end 20 years ago. Glad to know he's finally put a use to all that gathered knowledge.

Brooke November 13, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

I remember our muddy walk behind your house in U.C. with our mud gear on. Fun memory. I love walks. Glad you all got out. It's not winter already is it?!

Randi November 13, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

oh, yes. it is SNOWING right now.

yes. I LOVED those walks. I was totally thinking about them when I was out with the kids the other day. I need to find those pictures and post them some time. :)

Have fun with Ryan & Jessica??

Vallente November 14, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

Randi, I never comment but I'm always stalking. hahaha But I have to tell you this story. My kids were looking at the different blogs with me and so they saw your pictures. Suddenly my oldest son pulls his brother out of the room, apparently thinking he was out of ear shot. He proceeds to whisper to his brother, "Did you see that girl in the picture? Well, I think she's kind of...*hottie whistle*" Hahaha!! :D Watch out! You have got a heartbreaker in the makings!

Unknown November 15, 2009 at 1:50 AM  

Love the new logo for brunt brood!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP