29 April 2009

my bawbie

Last week I went grocery shopping at Walmart (it happens occasionally). I had been telling Rori that once she goes poop 3 times in the toilet she could get a new barbie. To urge her along we went to the toy aisle and I steered her to the $6 barbies and she picked out a purple ballerina. She held it in the car, very gently pulling at the corners of the box, with reminders given through the rear view mirror from me that she couldn't open it yet. (Yes this is still the month of no extras. Is this REALLY an extra? Really it is saving us Pull-Up costs, right?)

"Can I just have her crown?"
"No...."
"Her shoes?"
"Not yet...."

So she spent a few days playing with her "bawbie" in its box. I didn't know that you could carry on a conversation with a barbie in a box.

Her barbie fell down and got hurt. Apparently she was hungry and told funny jokes, all from inside her box. Rori wrapped her up in her blankie and carried her all over, even to Grandma's house.


But yesterday - her bawbie got to come out her box. She is so much more fun uncaged. She has a skirt that can come off. She can move her legs to 130 degree angles. And her arms! Her hair is soft, and she tells even funnier jokes. She slept with Rori and kept her safe. She made it to my bed at 6:15 am.

Rori and her bawbie.

3 comments:

Daines April 30, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

So adorable. I see in the picture that the skirt does come off...look at those gams! How are the poop snakes coming along?

MilaBonita April 30, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

this is so cute! I love that she had so much fun with her in the box! isn't potty training tricky? even with incentives, elias got "poop candy" I regret calling it that, because to this day , when he sees anyone eating M&Ms he asks for some of their "poop candy"
whatever it takes :)
I hope she's doing well!

Jessica May 4, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

I thought the Sunday post was hilarious and then I read this, which was, if possible, even more hilarious.

These are the reasons having kids is worth the lack of sleep and the weight gain: they die with love over purple barbies in their boxes.


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP