28 April 2009

the sound of hayley mills



I have taken so many pictures of the the sunset up here that now the kids tell me to "Run, grab your camera mom. Take a picture of the sun." Great advice.

G has been out of town since Friday am. We are awaiting his return this afternoon. He won a contest at the PM Summit. His prize is a spot on John Paul's private jet for the next school openings tour.

Sunday after church, I really wanted to watch Sound of Music. So much so that I was singing Do a deer as loud as the kids would let me as I was making our fancy Sunday night dinner of grilled cheese and pears. Rori wanted to watch Ghostbusters. We don't have Sound of Music so I sent her to the neighbors' house to borrow it. 2 minuts later my sister called.

"What is she asking for??"
"What did she say?"
"She said she wanted music. I asked her what kind of music and she said 'Ghostbusters music'."

:) Nice try Rori.

No dice on the SOM. So they sent over the Parent Trap. Oh, how I wanted to be Hayley Mills when I was little. The clothes, the houses, girls camp... not so much the hair. We haven't finished it yet, but the 4 kids and I had a good time watching the twins go at it all in my bed on Sunday evening.



On another note, I have taken a strange addiction to cinnamon bears, or bunnies as the season dictates. Every time I go over to my parent's house, I eat about 15. But happily I can not find 'cinnamon bears' on my LOSE IT app, so they apparently don't count.



I can be glad about that.

8 comments:

Kiley April 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kiley April 28, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

Funny thing - I think we have two copies of the SOM. I didn't think we had a copy so I bought another on a whim. Love that movie! One is now yours :). Love the sunset picture.

Randi April 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

yeah! Thanks Kiley!!! I love that movie. cute profile photo!

The Wright Stuff April 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

I LOVE cinnamon bears too! Have you had those cinnamon balls from Costco? They are soooo good. Thanks alot! Now I have to go buy some!

I just watched Sound of Music on Sunday! Too funny! I love that movie! I can't believe you don't have it! Sounds like something I need to buy you for your birthday....

The Wright Stuff April 28, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Woops, I just read Kiley's comment.... never mind... I guess I'll have to think of something else to get you for your birthday...

Alex McMurray April 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

Have you ever seen Summer Magic? Another Hayley Mills classic that's great and has catchy songs.

Randi April 28, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Yes! I saw summer magic years ago. I need to watch that one again. thanks for reminding me of it. Her best role was in Saved by the Bell. :)

MilaBonita April 30, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

Thanks a lot Randi, reading blogs is like shopping right now, I just called aaron and asked him to pick up some cinnamon bears on the way home :) I am so impressionable! I'm into anything spicy!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP