11 May 2008

Mother's Day


This morning at church I heard a few "I hate Mother's Day..." grumblings.
I know the sentiment. It's all about expectations.
If you don't expect breakfast in bed, but then you get surprised with 2 raspberry jelly crepes and orange juice and "that one fell on the floor", then it can be quite wonderful.


If you don't expect to get off the hook of getting all 4 darlings dressed for 9:00 am church, but then magically when you get out of your shower (after 3 or 4 intrusions into the bathroom) and all 4 darlings are dressed to the nines, then it is superb.
If you don't expect a clean house and you come home from your trip to Seattle, and the rooms are immaculate, then your husband needs a raise.


If you don't expect diamonds and pearls, but you get foam flower decorated cards that say things like "Star Wars. I love you." and "I love you so much I just want to kiss you," then, you win.


It has been a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. (I did get a new camera, though)

4 comments:

Natalie Jane May 13, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Wow! Lucky you!

Daines May 13, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

Happy Mothers Day Randi. You are a wonderful example to me!

Brooke May 15, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

what a fun day!! George is awesome!! Tell him Great Job being a super dad.

Danna May 18, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

Sounds like a great day. I love mother's day! We get spoiled so much more than the father's do on their day. But, we deserve it. Cute drawings and notes by the kids. That's a good idea to post those. I need to try that. Fun to see you at the graduation. We do need to start having some park days!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP