30 January 2010

wednesdays

as i write this, i realize it is Saturday. but I need to post about wednesdays anyhow.

wednesdays, George doesn't come home. well, not at a decent hour anyway. it is his late day. back a few months ago when the Paul Mitch School, as Rori calls it, decided to go all night school on us, each staff member was assigned a night to be their late night. George's is wednesday. he leaves in the morning, like most mornings around 7:00 or 7:15 and most nights he comes home around 6 or so. maybe later depending on what's going on. but on wednesdays, it is usually not until 11:30.

so now, wednesdays i lose all motivation for anything fancy. dexter comes home from scouts and then it is usually just whatever we feel like from there. if you know me, you know i don't plan dinner, grocery shop or make menus. so here is a little glimpse from our wednesday afternoon this week. :)


first: all the kids headed upstairs and were happily playing together. so i headed into my office to get some work done. then they started coming down, one at a time....
1wedtn

apparently, the dress up box exploded!

2wedtn

3wedtn
Mom?
Yes?
Is Dad coming home tonight?
Yes. But not until after you are asleep.
This is the night when I won't see him?
Yes. :(
:( I wanted him to see me in this costume.
I will make sure that he comes in and gives you a kiss when he gets home so he can see you!


Nevermind. I don't want to wear it anymore.
4wedtn

their dinner.
6wedtn
my dinner. never had this before??? it is THE best. it is cream of wheat. no 2 scoops of sugar needed!
5wedtn

see? we are all good. they are so happy when they get oatmeal for dinner. dexter even takes of his shirt, he's so happy.
7wedtn



:)

Wednesday.

8wedtn

6 comments:

Brooke January 30, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

Oatmeal is also my backup. Yours looks alot better especially the strawberry flavored one.

what'supgals January 30, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

That's awesome. When Pat is out of town, we often have oatmeal for dinner. Or when us adults want something the kids won't eat. I'm so glad that everyone is happy and willing - makes our crazy lives a little easier, right?

jessica January 31, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

Wednesdays are my worst days too. A is gone to Tri Cities. He leaves long before I get up and we are lucky if he is home by bed time. Since you and I are the same when it comes to meal plan/cooking I feel your pain. All I have to say is that oatmeal is way healthier than cereal. You should feel good because you have to actually cook the oats, so that is clearly a step above me.

Bethany January 31, 2010 at 8:53 PM  

Umm Lily is darling! Dexter is going to have to fight the boys off in a few years! I can see where she gets it though- you are rocking 32- loved that story at the photo conf!

Kiley February 1, 2010 at 3:43 PM  

We do Oatmeal for dinner even when Jarom is home - I love it! Wednesdays are hard for us too - Jarom has YM activities to go to and is gone late - we should get together one of these wacky wendesdays :)

Anonymous February 8, 2010 at 5:30 AM  

these are beautiful


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP