19 October 2009

update

Its been a while since I've posted anything about our going-ons. So here's some of the latest.

With the cold weather that sapped up all our fall, me and the littles found some entertainment coloring on the huge cardboard that came from a print order. Thank you Heather for ordering large prints. The kids colored for 2 days.



Dexter started scouts.
I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand its great for him to be spending some time with more boys his age on a regular basis. He's learning some fun stuff and can earn badges... blah, blah. On the other hand I feel like it is JUST ONE MORE THING THAT I AM GOING TO FAIL AS A MOTHER IN. PERIOD. It is so over my head, and what is more - I don't have any inclinations to learn the program, get with the program or be extra super supportive of the program (SORRY JESSICA!). I just don't love scouts. Too much... uh... scouty stuff.

But look how cute he is in his brand new shirt from Grandma. That's right. It wasn't me that got the shirt, the patches, the necktie, ironed the shirt and sewed the patches on. That was ALL my mom. HUGE thank you for that.


We also marched, or danced rather, in the Valley Fest Parade. We donned our black, hid our bad hair and paraded down sprague, tune-age in tow.



Lilli has changed from a daisy-picker soccer player into a super aggressive, elbow-throwing, dirty looks -tossing, goal scoring machine! I don't know what happened. One day all she cared about was the water bottle and how wet she could get her shirt before the end of the first quarter. Now she is all about the ball! I have missed quite a few games this season due to travel and shoots, but I caught her game on Saturday, and was quite impressed. Way to go Lu!



Mercer and Rori and I went with his preschool on a field trip. I had such a crazy week that I almost didn't go, but I am so glad I did. I knew this was probably the second to last pumpkin patch field trip for me to go on. :( So I went and IT RAINED THE WHOLE TIME. Everything was a soggy mess. BUT the kids still had a great time. Miss Amy does a fabulous job with the kids.


When I got home, the rain had soaked through our jackets and we were ready for some hot chocolate and grilled cheese.

What else??
The PM school is going great. They started over 30 students in September and then also a night class. They had a fashion show when I was gone in Hawaii and G said there were over 400 there! I will make sure I am at the next one to get some photos.

Some of us leave tomorrow early, for the OC. Disneyland here we come. :) 4 photo shoots and CPK to look forward to!

We established a new schedule to help us get through the mornings and afternoons, to fit everything in. Wake up time is 7:00. But there is just one person in the family who CAN NOT get the hang of it. Every morning they ignore the wake up calls and linger in bed until about 8:00, making everything behind schedule. Then crankiness and lateness ensues.

Can you guess who it is????

4 comments:

The Wright Stuff October 19, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Randi, you are so hilarious! I'm glad I'm not the only one to ignore my "morning alarms". LOL

Shirley October 21, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

Randi,

Love the updates and all of your posts! Your kids are absolutely adorable. I feel the same way about scouts as you do. Sadly I am in the primary presidency and I am the counselor "over" scouts! Go figure! UM.....I'm guessing it is you hanging in bed until 8pm. It sounds kind of ..................FAMILIAR!!! Thanks for always sharing your life!

Alex McMurray October 23, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

Your kids are so cute. Mercer's little face is just precious. I saw your mom, dad, and Jarom at the funeral last week but didn't get to talk to them. They looked great!

Randi October 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

ahhh... how did everyone know it was me? :P


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP