12 August 2009

week end wrap up

Despite my best efforts, Dexter went ahead and turned 8 on Friday. The nerve...

He awoke to streamers on his doorway, down the stairs and around the table, his own box of CTC and no chores (he made sure of the chores thing like 2 weeks ago).

It was pretty rainy all day, so he stayed inside, got to open 1 present early and then we decided to go to the new Kroc center in Coeur d'Alene. The pool is awesome! Lazy river, big water slide, fun kids' area. Really nice. Just don't bring your camera. They will tell you not to use it because they are 'family friendly'. Fine. As if I can let my son turn 8 without documenting the whole day.

Ha. Snuck that one in there...

When we returned, (after my photo shoot with the Kenworthy's!) it was onto a very orange dinner. .. Macaroni & Cheese, Cheeseburgers, Cheesy chips, and orange soda. There were other things too, but the dominating color and theme was orange cheese.



the crew that came out to chow

apparently Dexter's party was so phenomenal that they had to tweet about it, right then and there.
Landon got the memo that it was a Star Wars party...
hence the amazingly accurate Luke Skywalker cake,
complete with Death Star and Naboo cupcakes.
Good thing Aidan was there to help him blow out ALL those candles.
He had a good day, if I do say so myself.

fun with dry ice and home made root beer, courtesy of Dan


Sunday, after 2 bail outs, George and I headed to Seattle for a quick little, pre-anniversary trip. It worked out well. To keep him awake, I started reading the HOST outloud. I will keep my commentary to myself until I have finished it.
He tried iPhoning while driving. Boo. I am precious cargo. I am allowed to do it while I drive, but not him.
We spent the night with some friends, Steve & Jana, and then the next morning G rented a car and went down to Olympia for some meetings for the beauty school law making group society support network of friends and faces. Or something. I spent 4 hours at Ikea! Hooray for cheap frames.

After that, I had 2 photo shoots at 2 of my favorite beaches there, both with families that I shot last year. The kids all said, "Oh, Miss Randi is taking our pictures?! Okay! I like her!" :) If that doesn't warm the soul, I don't know what does.

Oh yes I do. Meeting up with the Chambers for some delish Thai food and then going to DEPECHE MODE for the 4th time. Whoo Hoo. Say what you want, I am still a fan.


It was a quick but very fun trip! I read the host on the way home to keep us awake. Along with some York 100 calorie bars, corn nuts, Red Bull and a Slurpee. We got in at 4:00 am. Happy early anniversary to us! :)

2 comments:

Alex McMurray August 13, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

Did you finish The Host on your way home? If you haven't, keep going. I found the first 100 pages to be slow but after that I got into it and really liked it. I started that book when we were in Seattle last year. Seattle is so fun! We loved it. :)

Randi August 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

SOOOO slow. SOOO painful actually. "oh, are they going to kill me? what you're not going to kill me? Its dark and the rock is purple and I think they are going to kill me..."

Borrrring. :)

LOVE seattle.


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP