07 August 2009

eight is enough



Enough.

Seriously.

We don't need any more years piled on just yet.
It has gone by like the millennium falcon in light speed. Just the other day he was starting kindergarten and losing his first tooth. And just a few days before that he was in diapers and learning to crawl. And before that he could fit snug and tiny and small and soft in my arms for snuggles and kisses.












And now. 8. It's too much. He's too big and old and independent. His feet are huge. His legs stick out the bottom of his pants every 3 months. He's losing more of his teeth and the roundness in his cheeks is all gone. Skinny long arms replaced his soft smushy ones. His cute little square baby teeth are missing and in their place large adult chicklettes.

His laugh sounds the same.
His voice sounds kind of the same.
His personality is changing.
His height is constantly on the move. He has experiences that I now know nothing about and am never a part of any more. He doesn't come to me for every little thing. (which is good). He can ride his bike to school and check out library books. He can swim by himself and score soccer goals.

What's worse is that it is so hard for me to remember back to when it was different. Most of the little things about his littleness and smallness are gone.

And I am just sitting to the side watching. More and more. Bigger and bigger.




Enough. 8 is enough.

7 comments:

The Wright Stuff August 7, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

Tell Dexter Happy Birthday from us!!! I agree that it's so sad that they keep getting bigger and bigger. He is so cute!

Jessica August 7, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

So true. I wish I could reconcile the niceness of them getting bigger, with the tragedy of it. I'm in CONSTANT turmoil about the whole thing.

Christy and Jason August 7, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

So sweet! I seriously can't believe he is 8!

Jandre August 7, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

hi, I'm pretty sure you don't know me. I found your blog through Chari. I just wanted to tell you, your post about your son turning 8 really touched me. I can see how fast my son is growing through your pictures and it made me cry. It helps that your son, like mine is a redhead. lol. Thank you for opening my eyes even more to the fact that I need to be grateful for the everyday silly stuff that he does. thank you so much!

Live everyday to its fullest August 8, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Happy Birthday Dexter! He sure is the cutest red head little boy I have ever seen! Those baby pictures are precious! I wish the years would quit flying by so fast!!!!!!!!!!

MilaBonita August 11, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

I'm sitting here crying, I WONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO ME!
He's a great kid, but really 8 is max right?

Erin August 14, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

These pictures are so cute, and the ones of him as a little toddler make me more thrilled than I already am to have a redheaded little boy. Eight really is a big kid, isn't it? Dexter seems like a great kid.


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP