26 August 2009

children of the corn

never seen the movie. never want to. don't want to know anything about it. but for the past few years, in moments of frustration and complete inability to understand the behavior going on around me, I have called out in exasperation, "CHILDREN OF THE CORN!" meaning my four darlings who NEVER do anything wrong or exasperate me. EVER!

Sunday night, they fulfilled my words.

We got a text, A TEXT no less, from Jarom saying most of his field was already gone and if anybody wanted any corn we needed to get our red necks over there and get some. So after dinner, we loaded up and headed out to the country, Otis Orchards.

The kids were a little timid, not sure of their environment or who was watching or if they had the right shoes on, until Dexter pulled out THE FIRST CORN OF THE EVENING and everyone relaxed, and went for it.

This is Lilli yelling, "HERE MOM." Because apparently I was supposed to approve each offering.



"See Rori, this is corn. C-O-R-N. Like, you can eat it."



"No thanks, I'm good over here, picking my nose."



Children Of The Corn

P.C. (post corn), we, I mean Jarom, got a fire going and we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores. I brought frosting instead of chocolate bars, because who likes hard Hershey's bars next to soft, smooshy warm marshmallows? None. Frosting is the way to go.

All in all it was a win - win evening. The kids picked us some of the most delicious corn ever. They got their camping experience in for the year (yeah, that's right) and I had like 4 s'mores.

3 comments:

Amy August 26, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

We need some corn for our fall harvest dinner. Does he just let anybody pick corn or does it cost and could we get some? Just wondering let me know. barlowamy@yahoo.com

theharmans August 26, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

I need to try frosting.
Children of the corn, seriously brings back bad memories, creepy!
I can't remember the main kid's name?

Roux686 August 27, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Outlander!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP