14 May 2009

the rotation

Dexter was not yet 5 when Rori was born. Lilli had just turned 3 and Mercer was not yet 2. Some friends of mine told me I should get a cleaning lady as we were living in the OC, help was readily available, to put it nicely.

So I got a recommendation, and once a week I had a team of 3 ladies/girls in our 1800 sq ft condo scrubbing, dusting, wiping, washing, mopping, polishing and cleaning the place - top to bottom. It was amazing. After Rori was about 2 months old, we went on a long trip (up to Spokane actually) and I never reinstated my cleaning ladies when I returned.... something about feeling guilty or inadequate on my own or some such nonsense.

Now - I still have no cleaning lady. I have a ROTATION.

It is not written down.

It is not well thought out.

It is just this: If I happen to have an hour and a half, and one particular area of the house is ready to be attacted - then it is on the TO DO RIGHT NOW list.

Today the playroom was not on the list.


My children were not on the list.

wedgie and insideout underwear





The floor was not on the list.


That cobweb that has been there since we moved in and that I look at EVERY SINGLE TIME I come down the stairs was not on the list.


The kitchen counters were not on the list.



BUT: (trumpets please) My master bathroom counter & mirror are spotless!

Notice I didn't say the floor, toilet, sinks, tub or shower. Not on the list.

2 comments:

Luke and Mel May 15, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

I love this. Now I don't feel so alone. I too cleaned just the mirrors and sinks in my bathroom yesterday. Oh, I did the toilet too. The counters weren't on the list, or the floors, or the shower. Something is better than nothing, right?

HeAtHeR* May 19, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

You are soooo cute! I just LOVE the rotation....such a real post...that is just like my house! Great pictures! Can't wait until you can take our pictures again!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP