01 April 2009

Downtown

On Saturday, I scheduled a fake tour, with Steven's help, for a girl who could only come at 6:00. We also had dinner plans with a family in our ward who canceled and went to Utah instead, but I forgot to tell George. So he was going to do the tour and be all ready to leave straight after. At 5:50 I walked into the school and sat in a chair, ready for my tour.

I waited.

And I waited. After 7 minutes or so I texted George.

"ETA?"
"Still waiting for my tour."
"Sure she hasn't come yet?"





After my surprise we drove downtown.
Thanks to K&H we had a gift certificate to the Melting Pot. We had a fabulous 4 course dinner. Everything was so good and we ate everything. Dessert of course was the best. Who doesn't love chocolate melted with peanut butter? Well, maybe you Jarom.

Sunday was George's actual birthday. I let him sleep in, much to the chagrin of the kids. But I let them finally wake him up when 2 members of the bishopbric showed up to give me a new calling. I am now second counselor in the Primary. :)

So George's calling will probably be changing too. We taught Mercer's class together. That was a lot of fun. Best calling ever to teach with your husband.

After church we had a little snack, and then I started on dinner prep. Rolls, steak, mashed potatoes, Better-Than-$&! chocolate birthday cake... We had a great dinner and sang happy birthday. He didn't get anything exciting really, (I can be so lame that way) some black and white clothes for school. And permission to go to Guitar Center. That's something, right Scott?



Now it is spring break.
Monday we spent cleaning out our garage and storage/guest/catch-all/sewing room. By 3:30 we hadn't done anything with the kids and they were being so good so we decided to head downtown.
We rode the carousel. That was a lot of fun. I loved watching the kids' faces. It is kind of a fast carousel. We had fun trying to get the rings and throwing them in the hole.





After the carousel, we headed to the wagon.
And we did some of this -


Then we went to the park and did some of this-

and this -



Tyler met up with us and we walked around. The kids liked going on all the different bridges and wondering if anyone would ever survive if they tried to swim in the falls.

I would totally survive.

I love downtown. I love Riverfront Park, I love all the "rusty buildings" as Dexter described them, the mall is getting decent, and we are getting some good restaurants. We had a great evening.

We followed it all up with dinner from PF Chang's, (brought to my parent's house as a thank you for watching the kids while we Mexicoed) and Ron's corn dogs for the kids. 2 for $.99. Can't beat that.



My favorite shot of the day.

4 comments:

junioraudio April 1, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

great pictures randi. can you talk to sarah about the guitar center permission slip?

thanks

The Wright Stuff April 1, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

You are soo cool! I loved the 'fake tour' surprise!
Sounds like George had a great birthday!
Congrats on the new calling! :)

Candy Javier April 2, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

Randi, you family is so dang cute! And you take the most amazing pictures. I know you hear that all of the time, but I just wanted proclaim myself a groupie...

the waites April 2, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

ok so im just geting caught up and dying over your Mexico pics. Jealous.Very. Glad you got to get away, beautiful pics my dear!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP