04 February 2009

But what is it?

About a year and a half ago, I started running. I ran with a girl (Candy May) who had an injured ankle so we ran about the same speed - SLOW. We became really good friends and shared lots of great stories to make the pain go away and the miles pass.




















She told me that she had started a scrapbooking company a few years back and I let that just pass on in through one ear and out the other. I wasn't a scrapbooker.

A few months later and she invited me to a little party to see what it was exactly that her company did and offered.

I signed up as a consultant within a week.



















Heritage Makers is about doing something with your photos. It is about recording your histories and teaching your children through the power of story. For me it is a place to put my pictures and put the story along with it. It gives my children a sense of pride and place to see their pictures and stories in a hardbound book "just like a real book!"




















It is also a creative outlet as you can custom design every one of your projects yourself - or start with a template and change it any way you want to. Add pages. Change the backgrounds. Put as much text as you want. It is a great way to document those moments and long journeys in each of our lives.


















If you want to check it out and learn a little more about Heritage Makers and storybooking go to www.rstorybooks.com. Sign up for an account - its free, upload some photos and play around with a project. I have workshops in a computer lab once a month to help you with whatever project you are working on: cards, a life story, an adoption story, family album, a love story, a book of your child's artwork.... the list goes on forever, just like a story that is preserved.

Thanks for reading.

1 comments:

Henrie February 7, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

Those books are so cute! Miss you guys!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP