14 September 2008

September... um middle

Now that it is the middle of September, I am finally able to START coming to terms with the blatant fact that summer is over. In memoriam of a wonderful, friendly, helpful, fun, honest and thrifty summer, I post these pictures of my darling and her cute little body, which, by next summer, will no doubt be slimmer and less chubby and round and squishy. Boo. Boo for end of summer.




Sundays.... I struggle with Sundays. Some people have it all figured out; what one can and can't and shouldn't do on Sundays in order to keep the spirit and the peace. But at the same time, 4 little bodies (and 2 bigger bodies, really) need to get some energy out somehow. Today I had the idea of going for a walk. That's Sundayish right? Enjoying the beauty of the earth and all that. So we headed for the river.


(People still have to defend themselves on the Sabbath, occasionally.)





After we got home, I was putting Mercer to bed and he wanted to sleep in our bed. This happens quite frequently. With kids sharing rooms, I am fine with splitting them up into our bed to let sleep fall upon them quicker. But a few times, Mo has woken up crying because he found himself in a new location when he was sure I had said he "could sleep in YOUR bed." So tonight I made sure he understood that he was going to be moved after he fell asleep. He asked why and I said, "Because Mom and Dad like to sleep in our bed by ourselves."

Lilli had the better answer, "Because at night Mom and Dad kiss on the LIPS. And that is disgusting."

Ew. Gross.

7 comments:

junioraudio September 14, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

i gotta agree with lilli on this one. cmon guys, it really is disgusting.

Emily September 14, 2008 at 11:08 PM  

Ok, that pic of R is priceless!! So cute! I just want to squeeze her. : ) It's so fun keeping up with you guys!! We miss you.

Camille September 15, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

caso cute! chunky legs...don't you love the chunk? I too am sad to see summer go.

LosPeterson September 15, 2008 at 7:49 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
LosPeterson September 15, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

Great pics (as always) Randi. I too am sad to see another summer come and go.

P.S. You kiss George on the LIPS?!!!

Lindsay September 17, 2008 at 5:29 PM  

Hi, I heard through the grapevine about you and your photography, I took the link to your blog because I can't resist blogs! Your pictures are STUNNING! I have kids the same age as yours so it's funny to hear of the exact same conversations being had elsewhere!

Brooke September 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

I didn't know you were kissing on the lips! That is pretty grose!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP