14 August 2008

One Zero

August 15th, 1998






(I only have some random pictures scanned into my computer from our big day... Not our actual wedding photos)

10 things I have learned from G

1. I have become a much better listener
2. Patience IS a virtue
3. I can think before I speak and avoid saying something to regret
4. Car trips are great for learning new things about someone you know really well
5. 2 redheads don't make an all redheaded family
6. Redheads don't have to be hotheads
7. I can hear the bass in most songs now
8. Laughter at the ridiculous can be addictive and also nerdy
9. If I put someone else first, I will be taken care of
10. 10 years is not really all that long...

In the beginning of our marriage, there were several times when I was, let's just say, less than mature. About a lot of things. I was 20. Lame and selfish. I would get upset about something and leave the room. Hoping that he would follow me to "see what was wrong". After a few months of this, George finally said, very delicately, "I feel like you are testing me..." He was right and I was so embarrassed that he could see it so clearly. He has always been that way with me. When we were dating, I was going through a really hard time. I was emotional all over the place... struggling. He was there to get me to the next day, never scared off. George is the most easy going, amazingly supportive, encouraging, talented, smart, clever, witty, ridiculous, large calved, wonderful husband in the world. I am so grateful for the past 10 years... I can't believe it has been 10. We have fought maybe once. He has never had to say he was sorry to me for saying something rude or rash. Everyday I can't believe my luck in finding the love for my life and eternity.

Happy 10th.

2 comments:

Emily August 15, 2008 at 11:24 PM  

Happy A! How funny, today is our A too! Did I know that? YES, let's do game night for sure! You name the date. ; ) Em

junioraudio August 16, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

yeah, i guess, but he's kind of weird looking, no?


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP