13 August 2008

lake days

I started to kind of panic last night... the air was different. It feels like summer is coming to a close and that feeling made me feel a little claustrophobic and already depressed. It is too early to be upset.. but still, I couldn't help feeling, like I always do at the end of summer, that it has flown by too fast. I am not ready for fall. Not ready for cool weather, shadeless trees, and shorter days of sun. Not ready at all.

Rori with goggles, that she insists on wearing so she can "swim".
Here she is with the goggles, inspecting the world beneath the surface.

George has been able to be out here with us and work from here.
Dexter wanted Lego Star Wars stuff for his birthday and that is what he got. He has been working long hours putting all his ships together.


Steven & Cassie came out last night and are hanging out. They took the kids tubing today (THANK YOU!!) and when they got back they played slingshot with the kids. :)
Doesn't get much better than this. So glad Coops is better.
At the end of another sun and water filled day, the kids are exhausted (SCORE) and ready to sleep it all off and start again. Here, Mercer fell asleep on the couch, which he NEVER does, at 5 and slept until 7. We have been out here with my sister and her kids and various other family members at different times. I am so grateful to have the lake cabins... such a wonderful place to come and relax and be together.

Please summer, don't go....

Another note - just for journaling purposes: our friends Chris and Summer who have been trying to get pregnant for a few years and then trying to adopt for another year, were just picked to be the family for a brand new baby girl, Lucienne Hope. :)

Some other friends who have 2 little girls the same ages as D & L, moved to Irvine when we did and we became great friends with them. Matt & Melissa lost their sweet little boy at 10 weeks old to SIDS just a few days before Rori was born. Since then they had another girl and now ... she is pregnant with twins ... both boys. :)

6 comments:

Tierney August 13, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

I can't believe it about Melissa! So exciting! I told Vinny and he said "We need to get some of those" - meaning twin boys. Miss you guys!

Camille August 14, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

Love seeing your kids and your work! Simply perfect....I love summer too! Although there is a draw to getting back to school.....bittersweet.

Live everyday to its fullest August 14, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

I AGREE..I dont want the summer to leave us...I will be soooo SAD! It seems as if had been too short...I guess we must enjoy it while we can!

Natalie Jane August 15, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

Are you saying that you spent this whole time at your "cabin"!?! You suck.

Hey I had a great idea for a Christmas party this year. Let's ditch the husbands and have a slumber party at your cabin! I bet we can even get Carrie to come over from Seattle.....

Hey, are you coming to TN?

Nicki August 15, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

I'm so happy to hear about Melissa and Matt! What a blessing! Thanks for sharing!

the cakes August 18, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Glad to hear you have been having such a grand time. I can't say that I have enjoyed summer too much...maybe next year! Love seeing pictures of your family - all loving life together!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP