03 August 2008

4 kids

So I had this idea in my head - I wanted a picture of the kids' 4 faces, all close together, highlighting the fact that they all have blue eyes, but all different shades. It almost worked.

It took G and I like an hour to get them to cooperate. They were being really good (with the help of promises of cookies) except for Rori, who apparently was having issues.

Doing something with 4 kids is never easy. But we are trying to enjoy it nonetheless.



Today I am grateful for the opportunities that I have had so far.
I am grateful for my amazingly supportive and encouraging husband. I would not be still doing any photography if it were not for him. He has allowed me to pursue this love of mine, guilt free and with an eagerness for me to succeed and become better and better, for myself. And I still have so far to go, so much more to learn.

I am grateful for my 4 happy (sometimes), healthy, active children. They keep me on my toes. They keep me tethered to the earth, and living in the moment. I love their pure spirits, their brilliant energies and the differences that make them each so unique and crucial to our family balance. I have been given so much. And today I am grateful.

Thanks Kiley, for letting me in the BPS class. Thanks Stace, for all your encouragement and faith in me. Thanks Cassie, for your love and belief in me - your words helped me more than you'll know. Thanks Heather, for you patience and love. You've known me since I was 15! Almost how old Adrienne is. Thanks for not casting me out. Thanks Mom. I love how you always find the positive in everything we do, and find a reason to get behind it fully and make my cause your cause.

No - I am not getting an award. Just feeling grateful. It is Sunday after all. I am grateful for my 4 kids.


I am back to being cellular. My dearest brother in the world with red hair to whom I am indebted forever hooked me up with a new phone. For this, T, I will not post any pictures of you. In this post. Thank you. 300 times.

5 comments:

Kiley August 4, 2008 at 12:40 AM  

LOVE THIS!

Daines August 4, 2008 at 8:20 AM  

Love you Randi!

Casey August 4, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

Hey Randi, thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog! Carrie has said so many good things about you. I really like your work as well. I was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions about getting started in the photography world,...would you mind if I grabbed your email address? Mine is casey.mcdaniel@hotmail.com if you want to email me- Thanks!

the waites August 4, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

your photography is just amazing! I love these pictures:) We are off to the cabin in 2 weeks, wish you were there.

Live everyday to its fullest August 4, 2008 at 7:28 PM  

Oh Randi that color pic of your kids is amazing! They all have the cutest sweetest faces ever!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP