21 July 2008

More Mack's

We are having a great time here in Island Park, Idaho. It truly is a beautiful, unique place - so close to Yellowstone. Here's how we spend Sunday's in this wonderful place. We went to a 9:00 am sacrament meeting where I think the attendance was over 1000 people. After church we headed for the river, for naps for some and a boat ride up the Snake River for some others.

here's Rori enjoying a field of flowers


We hung out on the porch watching all the floaters drift down the mild current towards Mack's Inn.












Sundays are great days to laze by the beach letting the kids dip their feet in. I love the view of Mt. Sawtelle. If you look close you can see the reclined profile of the Indian Chief.



































Dexter had two interesting things happen to him on Sunday. One was this lovely haircut - I don't know if I have ever seen a red mohawk before - but here it is. My first and probably last attempt. But when in Rome... or Idaho rather...

Also after wading around in a muddy part of the beach - he came up to the porch and I noticed a few oddities on his skin. "Hey! Those are leeches on your feet!" EW, EW, EW. He kinda freaked out, a lot, and wanted me to get them off. "No, you just pull them out!!" I was totally grosssed out, so I made my 6 year old pull the nasty leeches out himself. What a mother.

We also took a little walk through the woods, and then went to Big Springs, the source of the Snake River to feed the big fish and look for moose. I was getting so eaten alive by mosquitos at this point I didn't take any pictures. And no moose yet.



If you get the itch, come visit us up in Island Park sometime. We'll be here next summer too. Still to come - Brunt Reunion report, jet-skiing adventures, fishing, hiking, and much more.

6 comments:

Nicki July 21, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

Wow! Are you guys having the summer of your lives, or what? Is every summer like this for the Brundts? I want to be in your family!

Love the pic of you and George!

LosPeterson July 22, 2008 at 5:05 AM  

Looks like so much fun! Kem and Pat were just telling me how sad they were that they wouldn't be able to go this year. BTW Dexter's looking pretty tough these days! Is he really only 6?!!

Daines July 22, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

Love you guys, hope you're having fun!

Anonymous July 24, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

Hi - Your blog is giving me a dreamy vacation and I'm loving it!!

Emily July 25, 2008 at 11:29 PM  

Such cute pics!! I have so much to catch up on!! I love your header...or whatever its called. :) Glad you guys are doing well! We miss ya!!

Kiley July 29, 2008 at 2:50 PM  

Beautiful! Wish we were there. Hopefully next year!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP