13 September 2009

baptism

9 And again, it showeth unto the children of men the straitness of the path, and the narrowness of the gate, by which they should enter, he having set the example before them.

10 And he said unto the children of men: Follow thou me. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to keep the commandments of the Father?
11 And the Father said: Repent ye, repent ye, and be baptized in the name of my Beloved Son.



Dexter was baptized last week. We were joined by Aunt Erin (thank you Erin for coming!) and Mimi & Grandpa (thank you for driving all the way from Cody and for the 10 loaves of BREAD!) and almost the entire immediate Daines clan. Thanks to everyone who came.

We are so proud of Dexter.

I asked him a few weeks before his baptism if he had a testimony....
"No."
"Do you know what a testimony is?"
"No."
"Do you believe in Jesus Christ? Do you believe that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus and that he translated the Book of Mormon?"
"Yeah."
"Do you believe that we can live with Heavenly Father again and that we can be together with our families forever?"





"Yeah."
"Then you have a testimony."

"Yeah, I do."


"A testimony is having a belief or even a hope that these things are true and that you can repent and be baptized and live with and like our Heavenly Father."

"Yeah. I believe that."

The 8 things I shared about Dexter at his baptism:
1. he has one brother and
2. two sisters
3. he is going into third grade at LL elementary
4. he has played soccer for four years
5. when he was five, he fell off some monkey bars and broke his arm
6. at age six is about when he started to love Star Wars, Legos and Lego Star Wars. Also six is the average number of times per week that Dexter eats Cinnamon Toast Crunch, orange juice and chocolate muffin for breakfast.
7. he was born August Seventh, 2001.
8. he has lived in eight different houses since he was born.


We love you, Dexter.

2 comments:

jessica September 13, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

My most FAVORITE thing about being Primary Prez was going to the baptisms. I cried at every single one. The spirit there is so pure, and so strong.

Being the mom...well...there is nothing like that moment when your husband performs that beautiful oridinance for your child...oh no I'm getting teary all over again.

The Wright Stuff September 14, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

I am so sad (and sorry) that we missed his special day! I bet it was so awesome! I wasn't expecting to be so emotional at Logan's baptism, but it is such a powerful thing to see your child (especially your FIRST BORN child!) choosing to follow in Jesus' footsteps. I guess it was the first time I realized that he had such a sweet and pure testimony. I loved Dexter's responses to your questions. What a cutie! Congratulations Dexter! BTW, Logan wants to get together and play soon!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP