19 August 2009

anniversary tree

On Saturday, our anniversary, we had plans to go to the temple, then get some dinner. Those plans changed when I got home from leaving the 4 darlings at the lake with some of my WONDERFUL siblings and their spouses, and found my sweetheart with THIS!

It's like a 20 foot tree. :)
He knew I wanted some trees for our yard. So he went all out. He dug through my email correspondence with VaLynn, our landscape designer extraordinaire, and found which tree I liked and which nursery to go get it from and knew generally where I wanted it. (I did show up in time to correct his first location though.)

I said, "So we're not going to make our 3:45 session."
He said, "We have time."
I said, "No, it's like 2:00."

I was right.
It took quite a while, some muscles (thanks Tyler for coming home just in time to help us), a pick axe, Dan & Staci's shovel, and a few more bags of compost. I think we finished just after 5:00. We are so handy.

After we got the tree in, we cleaned ourselves up and headed out to dinner.
We had a great, yummy dinner at Hay J's, great food, worst location ever, and then headed back out to the lake to get the kids.


Yay for our anniversary tree. I love it!



Stay tuned for more posts about our yard work handiness.

4 comments:

Christy and Jason August 19, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

Tree looks great---way to be. you look so pretty Randi, love the earrings!

Luke and Mel August 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

It looks awesome. So fun. I can't wait to see how the rest turns out.

jessica August 21, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

I love that you got a tree for your anniversary and that you planted it yourselves. Three anniversaries ago our girls stayed with friends while Aric and I built a huge bookshelf/storage unit. Soooo romantic!

Brooke August 21, 2009 at 6:22 PM  

Happy anniversary!! What a great hubby to go to all that work. I love the tree idea. Your house is so nice. I want to come see it sometime.


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP