01 March 2009

laov




Much needed today.
I had this long post all thought out - a pity party for one, really. Sad about winter and the length of my hair. Frustrated with this past week despite my best efforts in some things. Unhappy that George has to travel again this week. Bored with the routine of it all. Exhausted after only 2 and 1/2 miles runs. Just wishing to see some color again.

Then I walked out the door this morning and saw this. Again. It has been there for a few weeks now - because he wrote it right by the front door, not out on the sidewalk where the rain would eventually take care of it, but right by the door, so every time someone comes in the house they bring with them the colors of this message. I was slightly frustrated when I first saw it, not overjoyed and touched like any normal, feeling mother would have been. My immediate thoughts were, "Really? He doesn't know how to spell love yet?" and "Did he have to to write it RIGHT here?"

But today I was able to take in his genius. I needed that message right there in front of me. I had a rough week, trying to do the right things, as a parent, as a friend, as a wife, as someone trying to start a business... And sometimes you feel like because you are doing ALL those things, none of them are all that great.

But then if I put them all back together - it can be something pretty okay.

And eventually my hair will grow out.

6 comments:

Roux686 March 2, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Was that a run you went for this morning? I only saw you walking... weird.

Randi March 2, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

didn't i mention i was exhausted?

plus - you drove by right after I stopped to tie my shoe. i started running again like RIGHT after you drove away.

then started walking again.

Tierney March 3, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

Wait? Did you cut your hair? By business are you referring to Heritage Makers - cause your photography business seems like it is booming! Sorry I haven't called you back. I'm in a funk and I get exhausted just thinking about calling people back. I know that sounds weird. I will call you though.

LosPeterson March 3, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

I feel your post Randi. Also, I think you need to put a pic of your new doo up on the site. I bet it's laovelier than you think it is.

Randi March 3, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

yeah - i cut my hair. LAST MAY! And it is just not growing and its in that awful inbetweeny length. Just gross. you'd think with G's occupation I'd always look fabulous... so not the case.

The Wright Stuff March 4, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

You always look fabulous, Randi! I wish you would have called me.... it's "NATIONAL NO TV WEEK" and the kids would LOVE to play with yours!!! Call me! You're amazing! You are laoved! :)


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP