17 February 2009

sporty spice

Mercer came into our bedroom Sunday morning like this - just to make sure that he couldn't wear this to church.

That's a no. But feel free to jump on our bed like that.



Be careful if you invite the Brunts to a party.... we will probably dress up
even if its not a dress up party.

G is wearing white pants and I am wearing heels with pink socks.



So I hosted a Heritage Makers training lunch at my house today....
I had a HUGE list of things to get done today:
. wipe jam off cupboards
. mop up week old OJ spills off the floor
. clean toilet
. wipe greasy corn dog fingerprints off chairs
. make food
. wipe counters so they look like we NEVER use them
. vacuum
. make beds so it looks like we NEVER sleep in them
. change toilet paper roll, from the one that has already been completely unraveled and then rerolled, to a new one
. display magazines like a model home
. get rid of unsightly magazines/catalogues
. etc
. etc

Around 9:45 am, this little girl came to me ....
and asked if she could help. In my haste and craziness I almost said no. Then I wised up right away... "Sure! I would love your help. Can you wipe all these chairs for me?"

And the floor?
And now the windows?
And now the table?
And now your room?

After about a half hour of great work from her, I stopped and looked at her and said, "Lilli, thank you so much for all your help. You are such a great little cleaner. You are my little helper girl."

She beamed.

Then she said, "Thanks Mom."

pause

"It's my sport."

Some people play water polo, some roller blade, some date eternally... Lilli cleans. :)

3 comments:

The Lovells February 18, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

Love it! I am never a good sport when it comes to dressing up, I guess I don't know the art of it. Letty has been into WALL*E lately and it made me think of Mercer, such fun kids!

jessica February 18, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

If you let Mercer wear that outfit to church I'll wear my Pat Benatar outfit the same day...

You are not alone in dressing up for parties that no one else dresses up for...we've been there a couple of times. Somehow party plans change and we don't get the memo or we just totally read the invitation wrong. Either way it just shows how cool we really are right....?

And Lilli and Eden could start a cleaning club. After school they could come to my house and I will let them practice on my house.

Tierney February 18, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

That is precious!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP