24 January 2009

into the playroom

BEFORE

Right after we got carpet in our house we embarked on a bold new idea:

NO toys outside the playroom.

This rule has been amazing. The kids have been very respectful of our crazy idea - reminding each other, keeping all the toys up at the top of the stairs. But to help out with this idea - I thought I should make the playroom a place that was a little more especial (kind of like the burrito I used to get at Rubios. Ahhh - I miss you Rubios). I didn't want them to feel banished or neglected. So I invested a little time on Etsy and found this:


AFTER
The kids play up here for hours. Sure there are fights. Sure occasionally I have to poke my head in to make sure they are all still here - but it has been the BEST thing we put into our house. So after several hours of intensive labor - we have our new forest-y playroom.



I had a photo shoot today, but it was canceled due to my client's illness. So I took my creative energy out on my children ... :)

They loved it.








Mercer was also present. Just not as photographed today.

9 comments:

Natalie Jane January 24, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

That looks amazing! Who Etsy store did you get that from.

Lovely photos - except the one of Rori kind of looks like she has a hair lip :) Which, I know she doesn't.

Amy January 24, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

We have the same rule and makes for a clean house I love it :).

Randi January 24, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

I found it at artwallproject. it was a bit pricey - but well worth it we decided. about the same as painting the whole room.

it does look like she has a hair lip... oops. ;)

Erin January 25, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

What a great enhancement to a playroom! It looks so fun.
Just last night Randy and I were talking about how the playroom is the best part of our house--the kids were having a "campout" in there. Little did he know, I was thinking, "yeah, but it's so blah right now." Maybe some fun wall decals are just what our plain tan walls need in there! Thanks for sharing your idea. I'll have to check out Etsy for some possibilities.

Unknown January 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

When can I send the kids over??? Looks great!!!

LosPeterson January 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

Why would they ever want to take a toy out of that room? It's almost like they're in the park! And what a great color green for the weather right now - BTW is it as cold there as it is here? Hooray for etsy!

Randi January 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

candy - send the kids over anytime!! and you come too! we need to catch up.

just don't bring your toys downstairs.

:)

Live everyday to its fullest January 25, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

Oh how cute Randi! I love it! How fun!!!!! We have that same rule and I LOVE IT!!!!!! Best idea ever!
I love the pic of Lilli with her hair dangling down!!!!

jessica January 27, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

So I found your blog...YAY!

I love the play room. We have one but clearly I have not put enough creative energy into it...you have inspired me.


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP