11 November 2008

first day of school

(I never thought we'd see this day...)

This picture was taken almost one year ago. We went to the new school site (an old K-Mart) to check it out. I don't even think we had any preliminary drawings, a construction crew lined up or anything - it was just that the lease was FINALLY signed - after about 6 months of waiting around for the landlord to get it done. (And that was 6 months after we'd moved here.)

George was so excited, he brought his drill and starting pulling down fluorescent light trays and I took pictures of the space.

You can see there wasn't even a real wall there between us and the Dollar Store. It was awesome. George would take the boys there to drive their RC cars around.


Construction didn't start until another 6 months went by. Money, drawings, re-drawings, budgets....






AND NOW:





first day of school for the Future Professionals -

everyday is a party. welcome!!
the SPOKANE TEAM!


and on my way out the door, off to pick up the kids, they were putting this up:

I can't even describe how proud of George I am.
He came back from a training a year and a half ago, and told me about a lady he'd met who had been waiting for her school to open for 2 years. I pitied her.
I heard people say that we'd shed blood, sweat and tears over this school. I laughed.

It has been such a long journey. An interesting detour to our lives. And I am so grateful for my dedicated, amazingly positive, enthusiastic, sometimes unrealistically and annoyingly optimistic, brilliant, sexy wonderful husband. I love you George. You always knew today would come. I just followed along.

(thanks to K&H for having a cousinpalooza last night so we could stay up til 1:00 stocking the TAKE HOME shelves and so I could go take photos this morning. And thanks to T for helping us with chairs and hairspray last night too.)

11 comments:

Henrie November 11, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

Wow! The school looks awesome! I am so excited for you guys!

Amy November 11, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

WOW! Congrats it looks amazing. I want to go there. Just need to get rid of the kids hmmm....?

xcdenke November 11, 2008 at 7:35 PM  

That is so very cool! What an accomplishment to see something from start to finish. Good job George and for you too Randi. You were probably busy with the brood.

Live everyday to its fullest November 11, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

WOOHOO! It looks sooo good! I am so happy for you and George both! What an amazing experience to share together!

Nicki November 11, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

Looks very classy!

Good luck with everything!

the cakes November 11, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

What a wonderful relief! Congrats!
One more thing...in reference to earlier posts of you being a bad mother? Anytime you want to feel better about yourself - talk to me(or my kids!)
You're a wonderful- attentive mom.

Unknown November 12, 2008 at 8:17 AM  

Randi! How u feel about putting a little leaflet together for when i go out of town, i can show ppl pics of the school and then can see it's real? For ex, i;m going to pullman tomorrow, it'd be awesome next time to show them some pics of the school. tell the boss your price.
SJD

Luke and Mel November 12, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

It looks amazing! I'm so happy for you guys!

Alison November 12, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

My sentiments and from the mouth of Brad: "I love George, He deserves all the success he is going to have." Congratulations!!! Wow! It looks great!

paul November 14, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

Congrats to both of you. What a mammoth effort. And, finally, some fruit.

Erin November 15, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

Wow, what a journey. Congrats! I bet you're exhausted from the build-up. Free haircuts for your whole brood, right? :)


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP