29 September 2008

a smile for today

I'm not gonna lie. I was not the best I could be today. No army ads are going to be calling me for their promos. Anyways, I wasn't the worst, but not the best. And that never feels good. I have been following cJane's blog lately about her and her family and her sister nienie. Her posts are so uplifting even though the trials they are going through seem too heavy to be borne. I have finished each one feeling the spirit and feeling a sense of why I am here on this earth and why I am a mother. I want to be a better one.

I was NOT happy with Lilli today as I took her to dance. We spent like a whole extra 2 minutes looking for her ballet shoes and I let her know I was unhappy about it. So lame. And she came home from school so happy too. Then because I was running late, I got upset with her for not being on my schedule. So when she came out of dance, and she put this sticker on her nose, I knew it was a sign.


I made a goal a few weeks ago to look for a smile every day. Today it just happened to be literal. I think I will start posting more of them. Maybe one will help someone else smile.

Today I am so grateful that children are perfect examples of forgiveness (most of the time). They seem to forgive before you even ask for it. Thanks Lu. And no, you cannot quit dance. Or soccer. Or school. Although you said earlier that you wanted to quit everything but school....

8 comments:

Unknown September 30, 2008 at 6:27 AM  

Randi...I follow your blog and LOVE it...especially your PICTURES!!! I really needed to hear this today...this minute...this second....so THANK YOU!!! ~~ Shirley Baltich

Camille September 30, 2008 at 8:35 AM  

Loved this post..all of it is so true. what they remember is happiness not if they were on time or not. it is such a hard balance.

the post about Rori... too funny!

Brousseau Family September 30, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

Randi . . . Thanks for the humor today. I had to endure a ketchup fight at lunch. sigh. Let me know about October 28th. Prices? Second question - weddings in utah - prices? I've got a friend. . . Where can I show her examples of your work? If you want my cell - no problem - let me know if your serious. . . :)

Jessica September 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM  

I went to the temple today and spent the whole time thinking of this same kind of stuff--I need to find more "joy in my posterity", you know? Thanks for the reminder that you (who seems so down to earth and happy in motherhood) do the same stuff that I (stressed, trying to get too much done) do, once in a while.

LosPeterson September 30, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels like that after reading cjane. It's like this mixture of complete inspiration, gratitude, joy followed by a distinct after taste of: "Well, crap. I need to be a better mom/person/daughter of God/blogger." (Not in that order). I guess those are all good feelings to have though, right? Anyway, for the record, I think you're pretty amazing, Randi. Fo reel.

Nicki October 1, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

Thanks, I think all us moms needed to read that post today!!

And thanks, Lilly... I need to post that picture really big somewhere for me to see EVERYDAY!!

too precious!

Steph October 2, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

this is why i love you. You aren't afraid to be raw and honest, and unashamed of the truth. You're an amazing mom. thanks for bringing me back to earth. I needed that today!!

Live everyday to its fullest October 3, 2008 at 12:02 AM  

Oh I HATE THOSE DAYS! When we are too consumed with ourselves that we take it out on the kids! I find myself having more and more of these days and I HATE IT! They are so forgiving and so precious! I love Lilli!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP