23 June 2008

no buts

I guess I was kind of grouchy or short with the kids today - or maybe just Mercer. I was cleaning the bathroom, hands and knees deal, when Mercer came in behind me.
Mercer- "Bememboh when you used to love me in this picture?"

I almost didn't even turn around. You know how sometimes you can answer a question without even hearing it or having any clue what they asked. But I did turn around and saw him holding this...

Its a picture of me and Mo when he was just a few weeks old. Its framed on his dresser, a gift from my sister-in-law.

I am glad I turned around. But I am not proud of my response...
Me -"Yes, I remember that picture. I still love you. But.."

It doesn't really matter what I said after the 'but'. The fact is I said it. No good. Sorry Mo. I remember when I love you in that picture.

I love you a million times more now.

2 comments:

Steph June 24, 2008 at 12:29 AM  

Loved the post!! I love bemebeh.. we say wemembeh in our house. I have such a love/hate relationship with those moments. You feel regret for the words that came out of your mouth, but they help you choose your words much more carefully the next time around. May we all avoid the buts...

Side note - sorry 'bout Graham. I must say i TOTALLY had to agree with D's choice, though. I know wayyyy too much about drama in my own life to not agree. I'm totally diggin on Jesse now. What a gem.

Camille June 25, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

sweet boy, i have those moments all the time..good advice, no buts!


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP