18 June 2008

back to backyard basics

When we lived in California (our latest go around) we had no backyard. We lived in a condo (1800 sq ft) attached on both sides and the back. Luckily we had an amazing park (and pool and wading pool)a mere 4 minute walk away...
But one of the benefits of living here with my parents for a bit - has been the blessing of their huge backyard.





Tonight we got back to some basics. Tag. Handstands. Swinging. And just running. I feel like I am always bribing the kids to get outside or threatening to lock them out there to enjoy the sunshine for like 10 minutes. So it was nice tonight to get out and just be in a backyard.



(most of these shots were taken with my 85mm / 1.8 lens and i just used curves to heighten the contrast on all but the first one)

5 comments:

xcdenke June 18, 2008 at 10:35 PM  

WOW, amazing pictures!! It's really peaceful to watch kids in their element. Something that only lasts for so long. I can empathize about the condo sich. We are moving to Seattle where we will have a great big house & a wonderful backyard w/ a stream. No more 1200 sq. ft condo, YAY! Housing prices in CA, yuck!!

LosPeterson June 19, 2008 at 4:49 AM  

You're giving me yard envy Randi. Very cool pics.

Amanda June 19, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

Oh my goodness!

That picture of Rori with the bubble blower might be the most adorable thing I've ever seen. And the contrast between Dexter's hair, the grass, and his blue shirt and eyes? I love it.

Hope it doesn't weird you out that I know all your kids' names :)

Natalie Jane June 20, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

Yea, I have never seen a backyard like yours. Incredible.

Camille June 20, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

Are you guys going to Idaho? If so I might want you to take family pics. Love your blog.


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP