20 January 2008

Desperate Housewife for Orange County

Nicki, I must confess. I am jealous. Our "seasons" have worn out their welcome in my book. Missing Cali right now. Here are some memories, but they aren't really warming me up.


I feel like I haven't seen the sun in weeks. It brings to mind a story I read in elementary school about a school class on some planet where it rained every single day. There was one day of sunshine every several years or so and it only lasted for a few moments.

Well, the class was being mean to this one kid, who I am sure didn't deserve it, and they locked him up in a closet and he/she (memory is fuzzy) missed the precious moments (statue anyone?) of sunshine. The rest of the kids had forgotten about the kid and felt really bad.
I feel like I am in that closet this week. They were all teasing me for liking the Thompson Twins (not your kids, Marianne) or Harry Potter and they locked me in with the "seasons". AHHHH January.. you win. 1-0.

9 comments:

Nicki January 22, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

Oh Randi! I hear you! Cory wants to move to Oregon someday. Ummm... no. You come see me, you can stay here and we will go to the beach.

XOXO

Jessica January 23, 2008 at 6:11 AM  

I am so with you on this. When people say to me (when discussing that I grew up in California) "oh I would just miss the snow at Christmas," I say: "Go live there for a year. You'll get over it."

It's just SO GRAY here (except the past 2 days!)

Natalie Jane January 23, 2008 at 6:44 AM  

I remember that story. It haunts me to this day. That and "The Lottery".

I still think the sun is overrated.

Tierney January 23, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

I completely agree. I miss California terribly. I keep telling Vinny to find another job out there.

HeAtHeR* January 23, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

This does not make me look forward to moving to Chicago the end of June. On Sunday the temperature was 3 degrees, but it felt like -20 degrees! Yikes! Hope all is well! Did you go dark brown or did you keep your signature red?...can't wait to find out!

Daines January 24, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

I don't think I mind the winter weather so much, but the sub-zero temperatures are getting to be little much. Summer is starting to sound like a lot of fun!

heather January 25, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

I am still waiting for the hair update...what did you decide?

Matt January 27, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

Hey Brunts - hope all is well. BTW the rain story is "All Summer in a Day" by Ray Bradbury. Great short story, I think it's in the Illustrated Man.


Matt Riley

heather January 27, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

i am private now - send me your email so i can add you. hcowdell@gmail.com


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP