08 January 2009

Tuesday night we got word that school would again be canceled (there goes our spring break), so we weren't super concerned with the kids falling right asleep after they were sent to bed. They must have sensed our lackadaisical mood because when I went to check on them at 11:00 pm, I found this -



and this -

"She was scared" is what I found out the next morning.
I have to say - the wind up here is unbelievable. SOOOOO loud. I had no idea.


So, Mercer's preschool was so conveniently close to my parents' house - like 2 minutes away. Now, not so much. So I have opted out of preschool for this semester. The kids are so excited that Mercer is going to be "Home Schooled". Really, it is nothing like that. I understand why people home school their children, but it is not for me. But he is so darn cute, and will only have those cheeks for such a short time, that I am actually excited to spend some extra time with him.
Today we painted. Well, he painted and I took pictures. He wanted to paint a robot. So we decided on Johnny 5, (of course) and he needed to see a picture. So we did some research....
He was so cute about the different robot parts. I started to look on Etsy last night for anything robot. Any decor... not a whole lot out there. But I did find these prints which I thought were awesome.
Anyone with a strong desire to decorate the boys room - feel free to donate to the cause.

So we are all good. I am so glad that I am still having the kids share rooms, even though they could spread out. I think sharing a room teaches kids great lessons, and gives them great bonding time that they wouldn't otherwise have. :) Riding in the car, eating at the table, sharing toys and games just isn't enough.

3 comments:

Amy January 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

So sad we won't see you on Sundays now. But you are right those cheeks are adorable.

LosPeterson January 8, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

I think there's a Montessori Robot Focused school somewhere on the UES - only $25,000 a year.

Seriously dude, I am all over home schooling (the baby cheeks alone make it worth it). Did you guys have Dexter yet when you lived here?

Luke and Mel January 9, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

I feel validated. I think I'm keeping Ellery home at least for the first semester next year. She just doesn't seem ready. Also, the girls share a room even though they don't have to. I love walking in and finding them cuddled up (not so much walking in and finding them still playing at 11:00). It happens here too.


Links

Family Blogs

Current Crave

NETFLIX
Naki's Girls

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP